Freeze Milk In Ice Cube Bags

Somewhere to share any tips you may have found useful
aardvaark
Site Admin

Freeze Milk In Ice Cube Bags

Post by aardvaark »

I just saw this on Facebook and thought what a good idea for freezing milk. You only need to use one cube at a time to put in your tea instead of freezing a whole bottle and having to defrost and use the whole lot.

I have just sent away for some on Ebay - £1.85 for 280!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/216960721 ... oser=false

maursey

Re: Freeze Milk In Ice Cube Bags

Post by maursey »

That seems a great idea Aardy. Couldn't get into the link. Could you freeze them in the freezer cube trays?

aardvaark
Site Admin

Post by aardvaark »

Yes, any small container would be great. Just so as not have to defrost a whole bottle. :D

Sorry about the link. I'll take a photo tomorrow myself and show you.

widgetwilk

Post by widgetwilk »

I always have a 2 pint or what ever in liters, in the freezer and if needed leave on draining board over night and it is thawed ok.

maursey

Post by maursey »

two pints would be too much for me to use before it went off. I*do save my 1 pint containers when empty and separate them before freezing them if I can only buy 2 pint containers.

Ciderman

Post by Ciderman »

Are you still using 'pints' ?
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.

young goat

Post by young goat »

Yes and no !
Pints of milk are sold as 568 mililitres. I use 4 pints a week, but the bottle says it's 2272 mililitres :err:
They are also sold in litres which I suspect many people mistake for 2 pints but, of course, they are only a pint and three quarters.

Sizes of canned beer are even more confusing, They are sold in 440 ml, 500 ml, and 568ml
The last two are easily understood, i.e ½ litre and 1pint but why 440ml ? I can't find any rational explanation for that size !
Don't quit, never give up !

aardvaark
Site Admin

Post by aardvaark »

Here are my handy cup of tea sized portions of milk! I don't care what size they are, I only have to cut one off and drop it in my cup. Minus the plastic, of course!
IMG_20200405_154627.jpg
IMG_20200405_154627.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 462 times

aardvaark
Site Admin

Post by aardvaark »

young goat wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 02:26
Yes and no !
Pints of milk are sold as 568 mililitres. I use 4 pints a week, but the bottle says it's 2272 mililitres :err:
They are also sold in litres which I suspect many people mistake for 2 pints but, of course, they are only a pint and three quarters.

Sizes of canned beer are even more confusing, They are sold in 440 ml, 500 ml, and 568ml
The last two are easily understood, i.e ½ litre and 1pint but why 440ml ? I can't find any rational explanation for that size !
It's because manufacturers reduce sizes of products whilst still charging for the previous size. It's a devious way of profiteering.

young goat

Post by young goat »

I don't put milk or sugar in tea or coffee, I drink both black and unsweetened, that way you get the full taste, (bitter drinks are more refreshing, that's why beer is popular ;) )
A secondary benefit is, if I am slow to drink it I can still be consumed when it goes cold. (it's similar to iced tea or coffee)
It's the milk in it that makes cold tea yukky
Don't quit, never give up !